Force Control has been building Oil Shear clutches and brakes since 1969
Force Control Industries, Inc. is a family owned company started in 1969 in Fairfield, OH. The company began designing and manufacturing oil shear clutch and brake products and received patents on the Posidyne® clutch brake.
Force Control Industries, Inc. Positorq Oil Shear Tension BrakeNew applications were serviced including the US Postal Office, lumber, steel, concrete products, snow making machinery, manufacturing of appliances, glass, automotive, food processing and material handling. The development continues today with many improvements and upgrades, new products, and new industries.
Throughout this time, the goal was always to provide the industry the best, most effective product available for the application. Today there are 1000’s of Force Control products around the world running production 24 hours a day with minimal maintenance cost and very little downtime.
Force Control manufactures all of its products at its headquarters in Fairfield, Ohio close to all major transportation. The campus consists of 4 buildings, with over 100,000 square feet of manufacturing capacity. Ownership has been consistent in continually upgrading facilities and machinery for the most efficient manufacturing. Manufacturing and engineering work closely together to design products that can be most efficiently machined.
Force Control employees are a stable, tight knit group with an average tenure of over 15 years. Everyone contributes to product improvement, safety, and customer service.
Our continuing goal is to provide industry with durable, performance-designed products to keep production running.
“Built To Last – Guaranteed To Perform.”
- 1969 – Force Control Industries, Inc. headquarters were established at its present location in Fairfield, Ohio and was merged with the Dixie Machine Company.
- 1974 – Patented the Posidyne Oil Shear Clutch/Brake. Developed new clutch/brake products for the U.S. Postal Service, municipality transit buses, concrete block equipment manufacturers and snow making equipment manufacturers as well as general manufacturing equipment for the appliance, glass, pulp & paper, packaging, lumber and food processing industries.
- 1980’s – Developed the Multi-Speed Drive, Two-Speed Drive and High-Speed Reversing Drive for mechanical indexing applications in the automotive industry. We also developed the Posistop pneumatic motor brake for machine tool applications.
- 1990’s – Developed the Posiweave for the fence industry, shingle auto-catcher and blender drives for the roofing industry and CLPC (closed loop-positioning controller) for our high-speed drive positioning applications.
- 1995 – Developed the MagnaShear Electric Brake, MagnaShear Two Speed Drives and E-Stop Brakes for general industry and automotive lift and transfer applications.
- 2000’s – Improved our Dynamometer and Absorber Brakes by increasing the size and horsepower handling capability. We also developed brakes for offshore and land based oil rigs and drawworks applications.
- 2003 – Introduced the X-Class line of clutch brakes, motor brakes and coupler brakes. This product line was designed to add value to OEM designs as well as provide competitively priced products for the packaging industry.
- 2008 – Developed the Quick Mount and Coupler Brake options for the MagnaShear Electric Brake.
- 2010 – Expanded our brake line’s options/accessories to include Marine & Hazardous Duty ratings.
- 2011 – Upgraded the Positorq Dynamometer Load Brakes with our new by-pass piston design, making major improvements in response and reduction of hysteresis. We also developed the first engine mounted PTO for flood water pumps at a NASA facility.
- 2012 – Developed the Super #30, hydraulically actuated, Posidyne clutch for dredging applications.
- 2013 – Developed a PTO clutch for a large compressor drive.
- 2014 – Expanded our MagnaShear Motor Brake options to include an Arctic Duty for low temperature (-30 degrees), marine duty hoisting applications.
- 2015 – Re-developed our curing press brake for the automotive tire industry.
- 2017 – Made improvements to the large TB-85 Positorq Dynamometer Load Brakes for higher speed capability with reduced residual drag.
- 2018 – Developed the coaxial shaft (input and output shaft on the same end) for the Posidyne #20 clutch.
- 2019 – Celebrated our 50-year anniversary as a family-owned business.
- 2021 – Began developing our Made in America thruster brake.